Thanks to the awesome Rene Archner, Culinary Educator and Raw Food Chef who kindly let me share his recipe ...
Prep 40 min ∙ Cook 12 hours ∙ Makes 3-4 servings ∙ Difficulty Easy ∙ Source Elaina Love
- 2 cups young coconut meat (3-4 young coconuts)
- ½ cup young coconut water
- 1 capsule probiotic powder
1. Open 3-4 coconuts to get 2 cups of coconut meat.
2. Pour the coconut water in a pitcher to save for later.
3. Scoop out the coconut meat with a small stiff rubber spatula to get approximately 2 cups. Make sure there are no bits of shell in the coconut meat.
4. Blend the coconut meat with about ½ cup of young coconut water and one opened capsule of probiotic culture. Blend until the coconut meat is smooth and creamy.
5. Pour contents of your blender into a clean glass jar and cover lightly with a lid or cotton cloth.
6. Put the jar in a warm spot in your kitchen (beside or on top of refrigerator…) The yogurt should incubate for about 3-6 hours or just overnight. You know it's ready when it has a fluffy consistency. It will store in the refrigerator for at least 10 days.
The yogurt should be white, if it turns pink or purple smell and taste it! If in doubt, throw it out!
You can use the yogurt in dressings, dips, and smoothies.
Berry Coconut Yoghurt
One Day Private training, Raw Chef Training, Trad Cult Foods Class
Prep 5 min ∙ Makes 2 servings ∙ Difficulty Easy ∙ Source Rene Archner
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 T palm treacle or 2 pinches white stevia powder
- ½ t vanilla essence
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Garnish with fresh mango and mint sprigs!
Looking for a good place to get coconut? Try the Kefir Company www.thekefircompany.co.nz